SANTA FE – The 45th Annual Conference on Aging, scheduled for November 13-14, 2023, is proud to announce the keynote speakers who will share their knowledge, insights and dedication to senior well-being and caregiving. The speakers will be split over the two days of the conference and will be preceded by remarks from the Governor on Monday, and the Lt. Governor on Tuesday.
Monday, November 13:
- Barbara Hubbard: A celebrated figure from Las Cruces, Barbara “Mother” Hubbard has left an impression on the entertainment industry in New Mexico and around the globe Originally from Benton, Arkansas, Hubbard came to Las Cruces in 1954 and has served as the executive director of the American Collegiate Talent Showcase (ACTS) since 1978. Now in her mid 90’s, “Mother” Hubbard is known for her joy for living, and her passion has centered on helping others enjoy their lives as well. Her speech at the conference will be titled, “There is a Tomorrow,” and will focus on providing an uplifting and motivating message for conference attendees of all ages.
Tuesday, November 14:
- Valerie Tsosie: Valerie Tsosie leads the award winning So’ Tsoh Foundation, an organization that aims to create pathways to better health by offering innovative solutions for Diné caregivers. Those solutions are centered on increasing access to behavioral and physical wellness as well as quality care for the caregiver and their families. In her speech at the conference, titled, “You are Not Alone,” Tsosie will draw on her experience as a caregiver and nonprofit director to speak about supporting individuals in their caregiving journeys.
"We are honored and thrilled to welcome Barbara Hubbard and Valerie Tsosie as our keynote speakers,” said ALTSD Cabinet Secretary Jen Paul Schroer. "Their unique perspectives and extensive experience will enrich our discussions, foster connection, and undoubtedly inspire conference attendees in their professional and personal lives.”
The conference program can be viewed here.
- Date: November 13-14, 2023
- Time: 8:30a.m. – 4:30p.m.
- Location: National Hispanic Cultural Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Registration: Registration is now open at https://www.aginginnm.org
- Cost: $10 (scholarships available – please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a scholarship)
- Date: November 13, 2023
- Time: 5:30-8:00pm
- Location: The Clyde Hotel – Downtown Albuquerque
- Cost: Included in conference registration
For members of the press who would like to see the speakers and/or attend the conference, please RSVP with Joey Long at email@example.com
Full Press Release here